Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Looking for the north



Back in 2014 I went backpacking to the north of Argentina with some friends. After travelling for some weeks ,  we went to Iruya, a village into the mountains whose only access is by crossing a river (there isn´t a bridge). A day after our arrival we met some Argentinean road friends with whom  we decided to make a trekking to San Isidro, another village even more hidden into the mountains. It was a hard path and we had to cross the river again. On our way back as it had started raining and the river had risen making crossing impossible we had to ask a local person for shelter ; we slept wet on a cold floor. The next morning, Pablo, the local guy who gave us shelter guided us to Pantipampa, another road to Iruya.
This is the picture that Pablo took us at the top of Pantipampa, after watching some wild horses and a condor from 5 meters of distance (awesome!). We were not condors but we were flying. I love this photo because it reminds me of the adventure in that beautiful place and the beautiful people I met.

Longing for Iruya <3

4 comments:

  1. Wow its seems like a beautiful place, and with a lot of adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to travel to the north of Argentina for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

  3. I've never been to the north of Argentina, but with that picture I really want to go! you have to give me tips!!

    ReplyDelete