Saturday, December 22, 2018

Post 9: Changes to my study program.


Hi everyone! Today post is about changes in my study program. I`m a vegetarian who studies Agronomy so first of all I must say: should be a consciousness objection for animal production subject. It is truly suffer.

Besides, study program has been discussion since I get in university. My classmates and I mostly focus the discussion in evaluation methods and how the academy education is teached. With the years the difference between what we want to learn and discuss, with what we actually learn in classes along the official career program is wide. For example, for the most of my classmates in early career field, pasture, and cattle were a vacation think without to much knowledge about nature cycles; everything was imaginary and theorical. People from country sides actually understand faster and easily than city persons. It`s why I think Agronomy should be an outdoor carrer which teach us in field with long fieldtrips; I have seen in the program two “intensive” subjects,  two or three weeks in field.

Now I´m finishing the career discussion is more about tools and knoledgements we want to develop before getting out university into laboral world. Last week my friends and I were discussing, precision agriculture which is teledetection and programmation for agricultural management should be mandatory! It`s a tool from our era to improves systems analyzing free information; it has to be teached. Is also important that careers, specially at University of Chile should have focus on national growth and development so careers impartation discussion is also a political, cultural and economic discussion.

1 comment: