Friday, December 7, 2018

Post 7: Environmental conflicts


Hi! Today is “free topic” and because we are green careers we always want to discuss about the environment, focus on problems (and solutions). I´m a bit hippie, so I think nowadays humans are too far from nature and disrespectful about other forms and ways of life which has make us not to care about destroying the planet who give us life.
However, at earliest days of October ONU panel about climate change published a report warning about a dead line to avoid a climate disaster. In 2030 temperatures will rise 1,5 Celsius degrees up  to the pre-industrial temperatures which increases extreme drought, forest fires, floods and food scarcity probabilities. It could be prevent from happening by reducing carbon emissions to the half of 2010 carbon emissions in first time and then reduce them down to 0; for that big changes will be necessary: change energy supply systems, industries, transport and some aspects of massive consume. Change or die.
For me It is easy to do, but economic interests has always win and there is nothing who makes me think it is going to change; furthermore, some days after this report, U.S.A president, Donald Trump denies the warning and climate change effects, told his country is cleaner than ever and which the ones who pollute were Asia… So, I´m just shame of my specie and sorry to the other ones.

1 comment:

  1. Angela: I can't find your comments to your classmates'posts. Could you please tell me what 3 students you sent messages to?

    ReplyDelete